Maryland Janitorial Insurance
If you own a janitorial or cleaning business you probably put a lot of your hard earned money, work, and dreams into your company. It would be a terrible tragedy to lose all of that because of one incident. There are so many things that can happen to a business today, that it's essential to protect it. That is why Janitorial Insurance is such a good investment.
Take James for example, he started out with a simple cleaning business in Maryland and has expanded to take on commercial accounts. From no employees, his company has grown to three teams of four workers. He has several important jobs with large companies and takes care of all their janitorial needs, including cleaning offices, dumping trash, and providing supplies like paper towels and soap. Last year, one of Jim's workers forgot to put out the "wet floors" sign after cleaning, and an office worker slipped on the floor and hurt his back. This resulted in extensive medical bills. Had Jim not taken out liability insurance for his business, he would have been responsible for all the man's medical bills and lost wages. This could have cost Jim his livelihood and the jobs of all his employees.
What Is Janitorial Or Custodian Insurance?
Janitorial businesses spend just about all of their time on someone else's property. As a result, things could get damaged and people could become injured. If you want to protect your cleaning business from lawsuits, you need to have some kind of business liability insurance policy. This will cover the costs of damage to other people's possessions and buildings, and pay for medical expenses if an injury is your fault or the fault of one of your people.
Who Should Consider Cleaning Business Insurance?
A insurance policy is not just for those running custodial businesses. For example, if your company cleans carpets and upholstery you have the same basic risk factors as a janitorial service. The same is true for maid services. Even if you clean neighbors' houses for money, you should consider protecting yourself with an insurance policy. Any kind of cleaning service will benefit from business insurance.
What Is In A Typical Janitorial Service Insurance Policy?
A standard Janitorial Insurance policy gives you liability coverage. This will pay for damages if someone is injured and you are found to be at fault. It includes medical expenses and lost wages. It will also cover property damages if someone in your employ breaks something.
What Options Are Available?
There are many options you can check out, and it will depend on the nature and size of your business. Here are some to consider:
- Umbrella Insurance - standard liability may not be sufficient for some businesses. What if you have a very large claim that is more than your liability policy will cover? An umbrella policy is a cost effective way to insure against these issues. Umbrella policies cover several million dollars and provide a wide range of coverage. In other words, these policies cover most liability issues that standard liability policies do not.
- Building and structure - in some cases, your business may cause damage to a roof, foundation, or other parts of a building, and insurance to cover the structure will take care of it.
- Lost key coverage - Suppose one of your cleaning crew members loses the keys to a business that they need to enter and clean. It could cost a great deal of money to contact a locksmith and have keys made. Your Custodian Insurance policy can include lost key coverage, and you will be reimbursed for this expense.
- Reimbursement for rental equipment -what are going to do if one of your main pieces of equipment breaks down and is in the shop for a week? You'll need to go through all of the expense of renting equipment and you can have this problem covered.
- Commercial Auto Insurance - maybe you have several vans or trucks for your business. They must have liability insurance and you'll want them covered for collision and comprehensive also. This is much different than standard car insurance because you run a business.
- Workers Compensation - if you have employees, you'll want to talk to your insurance agent about worker compensation. This will take care of them should an "on the job" incident occur.
When you are in the cleaning business you need to protect your investment against the unexpected. Business liability insurance is important but there are many coverage options to consider in Maryland. Instead of sifting through the enormous maze of insurance information on the Web, it's much easier to contact a company that you can trust.
American Insurance and Financial Services Inc has been around since 1990 and our agency is independent. That means that we do not serve just one large insurance company. We have access to many companies so we can find you the right policy for your business needs. With so many things that can happen, why take a chance on your future? Don't leave your business unprotected for another day. Contact one of our agents and see how easy it is to have a Custodian Insurance policy tailored to your company. Just fill out the no risk quote form. You also can call us at 1-800-310-8478 for more details.